"Stand up beside the fireplaceI love that feeling. Call me a selfish, self righteous, and a sad excuse of a person if you will, but I love it. Proving someone wrong. Watching the knowing smirk leave their face. I mean and I really love it when they get mad too, after they persist to think that they're right. Even when they know their wrong? I mean, even if you're a saint you have to admit that that feeling makes you feel at least a little happy inside. I mean, it's inside all of us. Some of us are just really good at hiding it. You know if you bury something deep enough inside of you it'll seem non-existent , coming back every once in a while.A few tears, a box of tissues, done. Well, really some think that not having that feeling makes you the better person, right? Wrong, because no matter HOW MUCH you try to deny it, it's there. SO, really you're only lying to everyone and yourself.Not only do you get that sort of satisfaction out of essentially knocking someone down to bring yourself up, you're a liar. You see, with me, I can admit it. Now, it doesn't fix it, but that's the first step to fixing it right? Acceptance? or does that only apply to alcohol?
Take that look from off your face
'cause You ain't ever gonna burn my heart out."
Either way, by default, what I'm doing is better.
What does that say about society?
-MissVonHusen
No comments:
Post a Comment