Sunday, September 11, 2011

To keep this boat afloat.

 "We've taken on a climb, and it's long enough to put the best of us on our backs. We're walking up a slide, and there are those we know who'd put us five miles off the track. "
    Sometimes, even the strongest of us fail.

    Sometimes, we can't help ourselves.

    Sometimes, we even need to rock the boat, but we also need to keep the boat afloat. You dig? We need to learn to separate the ones who will throw us five miles, or even five hundred miles off of our tracks. And yeah,  we're gonna fall on our asses, and we're gonna fall on our faces, and some of us will even die trying, all of us will die still trying and probably unsatisfied with the results, but we have to follow the journey through and through. It may be long, but you're lucky if it's long. Depending on the way you see it, maybe you're lucky if it's short. I don't know how you plan to live your life. Hell, I don't even know how to go about living mine. I do know for certain why I don't know how to go about it.

    It's because we don't live our lives. Our lives live us. We have no choice in what we do, life throws us a multitude of choices, we just have the fantastic opportunity to be able to choose from the given choices. You still with me? If not, I understand. Unfortunately we happen to not always get the ideal choices.

    I know you're all probably like, What in the literal fuck? Is this supposed to help us find Jesus or something? No. Also for the record, I don't think I believe in god, I think I believe in life. Y'know, but there's no organized party of "life believers" who sit around and worship Milton Bradley for creating the game. Either way I don't do very well with organized religion or and organized group for that matter.

   A lyricist once said that "Nobody ever seems to remember that life is a game we play."

But really? No one seems to get that  we are a game life plays. 



-Miss Von Husen

No comments:

Post a Comment